Thursday, November 24, 2011

Cut Out Cookies recipe Over 100 Years Old

Do you remember smelling fresh baked cookies when you came home from school? Do you remember helping your Mom bake and decorate the cookies, especially at Christmas time. If the answer is yes read on.

Baking cookies are assuredly a good way to help your children become involved in the holiday planning and make a great gift.

Cookies

This was my Grandmothers formula for cut out cookies for all occasions. They can be frosted or decorated any way you wish.

When I was growing up we all the time could not wait for these mouth watering cookies. Today the cut out cookies taste completely separate from this great recipe. I did not want it to be lost so I am posting it today.

I am very proud to share this formula with you I think it would make my Grandmother happy.
Try it and see what you think. Let me know if you like them.

½ Cup butter

½ cup sugar

½ Cup brown sugar

3 cups flour

2 eggs

1 ½ tsp water

½ tsp soda

½ tsp salt

½ tsp nutmeg

½ tsp vanilla

Add white and brown sugar slowly cream well.

Beat eggs, add water, and vanilla.

Mix and sift dry ingredients alternate with wet ingredients.

Chill ½ hour before rolling out dough.

Roll out the dough and place cookie cutters onto the dough.

Then peal away the excess dough and place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees almost 12 minutes or until done.

Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read any of my other numerous articles on assorted subjects.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Copyright Linda E. Meckler 2006

Cut Out Cookies recipe Over 100 Years Old

0 comments:

Post a Comment